Monday, June 18, 2012

Staying Away from Sugar: Week 2

I set a goal at the beginning of the month to stay away from sweets and simple carbohydrates (aka: white processed flour). Week 1 went great. When I craved something sweet, I was prepared and had vegetables or fruit to snack on. And when people offered me sweets, I was strong and able to politely decline.

Week 2 came and went. And although I would say I was still successful, it wasn't 100%. Twice in the last week we attended a lunch or dinner put on by other people.  I said no to the obvious things like chocolate cake and cupcakes.  But in both events, white bread was the only option for the sandwiches being served. So, I had a total of three white buns last week (yes I had two sandwiches at one of the meals. I'm okay with that). I wasn't going to make a big deal out of it and honestly, I really enjoyed my simple carbs that day. I could have gone without the bread and just enjoyed the meat, but I didn't think about it until afterwards. But I'll remember that for the future!

I also had some Jello, which I made for a pot-luck. It was delicious. Not going to lie.

I was also pretty sick all week. I stayed home from work for 1 1/2 days and had some sort of sinus, cough, chest congestion going on. I'm telling you this because you need to know that I didn't work out at all! Not even my physical therapy exercises. Not one bit.

So, over all, probably not a great week for fitness/health. But I'm getting my strength back and getting back on track.

No comments: