Tuesday, November 20, 2012

Pre-Black Friday Deals

As if the excitement of shopping on the day after Thanksgiving weren't enough, many stores have started offering "Pre-Black Friday" sales all week. I probably wouldn't have paid much attention because I had planned to go crazy with the rest of the nation on Friday, but we just made last-minute plans that would take us out of town for the whole weekend. I was excited to get away, but also a little sad that I wouldn't be able to experience the rush of Black Friday as a couponer. (I may have a problem.)

I had heard that Walgreens and CVS offered amazing deals (often free merchandise after the register rewards/extra care bucks) on Black Friday and was already making my list. So to have to tear it up made me a little sad.

But then, the CVS circular came out on Sunday and I was happily surprised to see several things were offered for free after extra care bucks (ECB)! I couldn't resist. Seriously.

I did a three separate transactions, here's what they looked like:
1) - 3M Command hook sample pack
       buy 1 for $.99 and receive $.99 ECB
       I could have used a $1 off coupon for this, but I left it at home.
    - Kleenex slim pack facial tissue
       buy 1 for $1 and receive $1 ECB
Paid: $1.26 + $1 ECB from a previous purchase

2) - Starbucks Refresher drink
       buy 1 for $1.50 and receive $1.50 ECB
       used $1 off coupon
    - Carmex lip balm
       buy 1 for $1 and receive $1 ECB
       used $.30 off coupon
Paid: $.47 plus used the $1 ECB received in transaction #1

3) - Advil 10ct. vial
      buy 1 at $2.99 and receive $2.99 ECB
 Paid $.75 plus used $1.50 and $.99 ECB from transaction #2 

Total out of pocket expense: $2.48 (and I still have $3.99 ECB for next time)

If you can get to CVS or Walgreens on Thursday or Friday this week, do it! They'll have even better deals going on then! You can check out the upcoming sale at thekrazycouponlady.com

No comments: