Wednesday, September 25, 2013

2013 Walk for Life


For the past two years, I've joined Alpha Pregnancy Center for their Walk for Life event.  I love the way they do their event. All of the walkers gather together at the center, load up their arms with gift bags and maps and hit the streets to deliver the care packages to clients that have been served by the center that year. We get to see their faces light up with joy and we offer to pray for them and their children. It really is a special event.

This year, I won't be able to join in the event as I'll have a brand new baby of my own. Baby B could be anywhere from two weeks old to two days old and I just don't know how I'll be feeling or what kind of activity I'd feel up to.  I was a little sad that I'd have to miss this year's event.

But, after some thought and prayer, I thought I'd try to help out in another way. Maybe I can't do the physical walking or lead a team this year, but I can help in the fundraising! And so can you! Last year we raised $600 for Alpha! We had surpassed my original goal of $500, which was awesome!

What can we do this year? Can we raise another $500? Below is an outline of what your gifts can accomplish through the center. If you feel so led, please click here to donate directly to Alpha Pregnancy Center, and if you like, mention "In Honor of Baby Babiak" in the "comments" section!

$5- Purchases one package of diapers given to a client
$25 - Covers the cost of a pregnancy test and a session of pregnancy options counseling
$75- Pays for one person to complete our Post Abortion Recovery Group
(or another one of our 8 classes)
$175 -- Allows one client to come on a monthly basis for a year to receive supplies and follow up care
$500 -- Provides one year of in depth case management for a family; making sure they have housing, health care, employment, and child care
$1200-- Saves an unborn child
As Chris and I have been preparing for our baby to join our family, I'm reminded again and again of the importance of the support and help that Alpha brings to families who need it. The classes they offer, the services and supplies they provide (all free of charge) are only possible by the gifts they receive from people like you and me. 
We have been blessed abundantly by our community as we get ready to be parents and I'd like to do the same for someone else in need. Will you help?

No comments: