Saturday, October 15, 2011

"Women of the Bible" Review

A friend of mine and I are going through "Women of the Bible" by Ann Spangler and Jean Syswerda together. The book is broken up into daily readings (5/week) in 52 chapters; each chapter covers a different woman of the Bible. This book is perfect for a one-year study. (Or longer if you so choose!)

I was a little hesitant at first since other books that I have seen in this format didn't keep my attention and I never finished them.

But this book is amazing! Seriously. We are six weeks in and have read about Eve, Sarah, Hagar, Lot's wife (they never tell us her real name!), Rebekah, and Rachel. Each week I have been amazed by the story telling of the authors and the bible study questions they ask.  I have never thought about these women in such a human/real manner before. And I have been reminded again and again that God chooses to use women just like me (a sinner) for His Kingdom purposes.

If you're part of a women's group and looking for something to try next, I would highly recommend this book!

No comments: