Saturday, October 1, 2011

Walk for Life--Fundraising Update

Next Saturday is the "Walk for Life" fundraising event for the Alpha Pregnancy Center in San Francisco. I'm really excited . . . I can't believe it's just 7 days away. I've been walking a bit more lately, in hopes that my feet are in good shape for the 3 miles I'll be walking that day (I haven't walked that far at once in a while.)

I wanted to give a public "shout out" to all the people who have sponsored me so far in this event. I've never done a sponsored walk/event before and I am blown away by the generosity and encouragement I have received thus far. So, let me say a big "Thank You" to all of you! I feel so blessed and loved . . . and this is totally not even about me!

It's all about helping families in need and supporting life!

I also wanted to take this opportunity to let you know that I am so close to my fundraising goal! I am only $55 away from my $250 goal. I would love to bring in even more, but as I said before, this is my first sponsored event and I didn't know what to expect. Anyway, if you are considering becoming a sponsor/supporter of this Walk for Life event, please act soon!  There is still time to get a check in the mail or go to www.crowdrise.com/APCWFL2011/fundraiser/EmilyBabiak and give online. *The amount shown online does not represent the gifts I have received in the mail.*

I'm so excited to be a part of the event this year and hope to have stories to share with you next weekend! Stay tuned . . .

No comments: