Friday, December 30, 2011

Christmas in San Antonio

It has taken me a while to actually sit down and tell you about my Christmas. This week has been busy! 

This year we spent Christmas with the Babiaks in San Antonio. We arrived on Thursday afternoon to a house filled with the warmth and love of family and Christmas. I was pleasantly surprised to see a stocking on the mantle with my name on it! (This was my first Christmas with the Babiak side of the family.)









This was the game we were introduced to by Chris's brother. Bohnanza is all about bean harvesting (in card form). It was a great game! We played it at least once a day.


The only thing I told Chris I really wanted to do while we were in Texas was look at Christmas lights. In the city, very few people will decorate the outside of their home.

One night we drove around the neighborhood to see the Christmas lights. I don't think I have ever seen houses this decorated before! There were several houses completely covered! They were absolutely stunning.

On Christmas night we drove downtown to the River Walk. The city had gone all out decorating the trees. We walked along for about an hour taking in the scene. It was a wonderful evening with the family.










The whole trip was really relaxing. I read a lot, played games, watched movies, had good time with the family, went to the Christmas morning church service, and went on this amazing walk through down town. It was just want I needed!

I hope you all had a wonderful Christmas!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Glad you had a wonderful Christmas!! I finally looked at your updated blog. My goodness, you are turning into quite a Domestic Diva. I love your little projects and crafts, so fun to see what Em is up to.
Hope you guys are doing well. Let's catch up soon. I am doing some serious research for our summer trip. We decided that we really want to go to Wimbledon, which doesn’t start till June 25, so we will have to go mid-June.
Happy New Year!!

Love ya,
Anya