Tuesday, June 18, 2013

Baby B: 24 Weeks


How far along: 24 weeks (Sorry, the photo is already a week old!)

How big is the baby: Weighing over 1 pound and measuring 12 inches long (according to those lovely Internet statistics)

Sleep: Sleep is a struggle. The pillows are helping but it's been hard to wind down at the end of my day and let my mind rest. My hip/low back seem to be doing a little better which is helpful for sleep as well as every other area of life.

Best moment of the week:
Last week, Chris was able to feel the baby move for the first time. It has been great to have him share in that part of the pregnancy and the baby's growth! This is also the best part of this week too.


Worst thing: My jeans are getting just a little too tight for comfort. That and I've had a little more stretching pain in my right side.

Symptoms: Bigger belly, swollen ankles, hungry pretty much all the time.

Movement: The baby's movements are bigger and much more noticeable. I think I've even seen my belly shake. It doesn't feel like butterflies anymore, the movements are much too big for that. Chris can feel Baby B move now too.

What I miss: Missing wine and being able to do my Pilates Five (not really, I never liked them).

Food Cravings: Still chocolate milk and sweets. Although veggie sticks and hummus has been a welcomed treat. Also, I've cheated a few times on my gluten-free diet. Bread is just too yummy to pass up sometimes.

Food Aversions: I'm sure there are some, but I can't think of them.

Maternity Clothes: Only a few of my jeans still fit. I did purchase a pair of maternity shorts for my upcoming visit to MN and NV in July. They actually have a summer! Also borrowing quite a bit a from a friend.

Things People Say: Everyone has to say something. "Look at you." or "That is a real baby bump, can't mistake you for being fat." (Thanks I guess!)


Exercise: Still going to the gym. The elliptical is much more comfortable for my belly actually, so I've been mixing that up with the bike. I went to my prenatal Pilates class last week and the prenatal yoga class on Saturday. Felt great. I like doing guided classes so I have someone tell me if I'm doing it wrong or to change it up if it causes any pain.
 
Last Appointment: June 5; I started going a group check-up rather than individual check-ups. It's a program called "Centering" offered by my clinic. I love it. I'm learning a lot and getting to meet other new moms. I may write on this more later.

Next Appointment: Check-up with midwife on June 25. (This one will be individual because I'll miss the centering group while I'm in MN.)

No comments: