Sunday, June 23, 2013

Bossypants


I stumbled across a friend of mine's GoodReads list and put half a dozen or so of her favs on my hold list at the library. Bossypants by Tina Fey was the first one to arrive. After my attempts to read "Once Upon a Wish" this is exactly what I needed. I really enjoyed Tina Fey's "30 Rock" TV series which is what the book is based on. She carried the same sense of humor throughout the book that you find in the writing of her show.

Fey is also a working mom so you get your mix of parenting tips/experiences sprinkled throughout the book as well. I really enjoyed reading about her experience playing Sarah Palin.  The election season was a busy season for Fey to begin with and then this role just kind of landed in her lap and I think she totally made it work. Her recounting of it is great.

Really, I just enjoyed the read because it she makes me laugh. And I'd much rather laugh than cry. It was a quick and easy read. I think I finished it within a week or less.

If you like 30 Rock, SNL, or anything Tina Fey has done in the past, you'll probably enjoy her book.

No comments: