Wednesday, November 27, 2013

Drugstore Deals

Last year at this time, I was at the peak of my couponing high and couldn't wait for Black Friday, but at the last minute, my plans changed and I couldn't go shopping. I did however, partake in some pre-Black Friday deals at the drugstores. This year, I was looking forward to doing it again. And today was the day!

This was also a little bit of an adventure as I was taking my two month old with me! He did fantastic and I didn't do too bad either, although, I think my pulse races for two reasons now: couponing and fear of baby melt-downs! Here's what my three transactions looked like:


CVS Transaction #1:
1 dozen eggs: On sale for $1.79 (much cheaper than my grocery store)
1 Reese's candy bar: $.79 with $.79 Extra Care Bucks (ECB)
1 CVS brand panty liners: $.99 with $.99 ECB
1 Colgate Toothpaste: $3.00 with $.50 manufacturer coupon and $2.50 store coupon (=FREE!)
1 Sparkle Papertowel: $1.00 with $1.00 ECB
Total: $4.57 with $2.87 in Extra Care Bucks

CVS Transaction #2:
2 Chex Mix: $1.99 each with $.50 manufacturer coupon when you buy 2 and received $1.00 ECB
1 Crispix cereal: $1.99
1 Frosted Mini Wheats: $1.99
Total: $7.96 but I paid $4.66 and used the three ECB ($2.87) from my previous transaction and got $1.00 ECB for next time.

Walgreens Transaction #3:
3 Bumble Bee Tuna: $1.89 on sale with store coupon for $.99 each
2 Holiday M&M 11 oz bags: On sale for 2/$5; $1.00 off two store coupon and $1.00 off two manufacture coupon (making them 2/$3)
Total: $5.97

Total paid from my trip today: $15.20 and I still have $1 left for CVS (I probably should have changed the way I did my CVS transactions so I could carry that over for the second transaction too, but I had forgotten that the chex mix had it! oops!) $15 is still quite a bit to spend for a real crazy coupon lady, but I was quite pleased since I actually didn't have that many coupons. Technically, the paper towels, panty liners, candy bar, and toothpaste were all free!

No comments: