Thursday, February 23, 2012

Honey, what's for dinner?

No, my husband doesn't usually ask me this question. But I didn't know what else to title my random blog post about food. I've tried a few new recipes this week and I wanted to share my adventurous-ness with you.

Earlier this week I made sweet and sour pork with rice. I don't normally cook a lot of pork dishes so I'm never very confident. The recipe was from Taste of Home, which I love by the way. Most of the recipes I've tried from my Taste of Home cookbook have been awesome. So that gave me a little more confidence.

Taste of Home never fails, it was delicious! Pork, pineapple, green pepper, carrots, and onions piled high on top of a bed or brown rice:




And last night I made minestrone soup with carrots, cabbage, onions, tomatoes, zucchini, beans and lentils. This recipe came out of my new cookbook "The SparkPeople Cookbook." I made plenty so we will be enjoying that one again . . . and again!



Next up on the list is a new sloppy joe recipe that is actually mostly vegetables and very little slop.

(sorry for the poor quality in photos, the lighting in my dining room is atrocious!

No comments: