Wednesday, July 10, 2013

Baby B: 27 Weeks


How far along: 27 weeks

How big is the baby: Weighing about 2.5 pound and measuring 16 inches long (according to those lovely Internet statistics)

Sleep: Much improved. If I cuddle with my pillows, I usually sleep really well! Yeah! Still getting up a few times in the middle of the night, but I don't expect that to stop any time soon. I slept really well on my trip to MN which surprised me as I was in at least four different beds!

Best moment of the week:
Getting to have my family feel the baby kick! Baby B had the hiccups for my brother.


Worst thing: I had an upset stomach/bloating pretty much all week.

Symptoms: (much) bigger belly, bloody nose . . . sorry, do I really have to share all this . . .

Movement: All the time! It's great! I love being constantly reminded of this little life. Sometimes I can distinguish which part of Baby B's body just moved, and sometimes he or she does somersaults.

What I miss:
Yesterday, I was missing beer, which is weird because I've never really needed it before. But Chris was drinking one and it looked really good.

Food Cravings: Chocolate (always); I am really liking hummus and veggies or gluten free pita chips too.

Food Aversions: For some reason rice crackers are awful. And nuts just don't satisfy me again.

Maternity Clothes: Yes Please! They are so much more comfortable than trying to squeeze into my regular clothing. My mom went crazy and bought me quite a few things while I was home and I got lucky at a garage sale and took home a new outfit for $7!

Things People Say: It varies day-to-day. Someone will say how pregnant I'm looking and another will say, "You're not very big yet--I want you to get fat!" I was also told I looked "motherly" in the outfit above.


Exercise: Trying to keep up with my routine. I walk a lot and stretch much more than I did before. My calves have been super tight. I'm trying to get to the gym three times a week, but even that feels more challenging for some reason.
 
Last Appointment: June 25th - everything looked great. Was told to find a pediatrician . . . yikes.

Next Appointment: July 31st with the centering group. We'll be discussing labor - yippy!

No comments: