Saturday, July 20, 2013

Baby Gift: Nursing Covers

It's been a while since I've been able to post any of my recent craft projects. I've had a lot going on, but let me reassure you, I haven't stopped sewing, making cards, or taking photographs.

My sister had her baby last Friday (more on her gifts later) and my cousin had a baby girl the very next day! And then today, I had a baby shower to attend for a good friend of mine from church. Babies are everywhere!

Nursing covers are a fairly easy project that take a little over an hour (if I do them right the first time!). And although I wouldn't say picking out fabric is a strength of mine, I think I'm getting better. I've made them a couple times before so I am more comfortable with the steps. This time however, I decided to try something new and add pockets! Perhaps a couple of nursing pads will fit, or a burp cloth, or pacifier . . . whatever mom needs within arms reach.

I found these two pieces of fabric on sale and since they looked so good together, I decided to mix and match them. (Again, trying something new.) I think they turned out pretty cute. Hopefully they will bless the new moms and babies!


No comments: