Sunday, July 14, 2013

My trip to Minnesota: Part 1

I'm going to try to keep this as chronological as I can, for my own sake really. I've gotten pretty horrible at keeping a journal or a scrapbook so this will have to do for now.

My visit to Minnesota was something I had been looking forward to for a long time. I hadn't been "home" since my sister's wedding in 2011 and a lot had changed since then. Cousins had gotten married, cousins had kids, classmates had kids and friends moved. I was so thankful to be able to take off a week of work and spend time visiting with the people I missed most. (No, I didn't get to see all of you, that's true, but hopefully next time!)

The first stop was Minneapolis where I stayed with my Aunt Carol. (Big fail here as I have no photos of her or the other family members we saw! Darn.) She put on a little dinner social with my Great Aunt Sylvia and Aunt Judy and her husband Chris. My mom had also driven down to spend the weekend with me. Carol also took us to a few garage sales as well as IKEA and the Mall of America where my mother spoiled me with maternity clothes. (Yeah!)

Also that weekend, mom and I drove to my cousin Mary's home to visit her and her growing family. She has 4 kids now and I so desperately wanted to see them. We practically stayed the whole day! It was wonderful.  I had sewn quilts for her youngest girls and was able to get a photo of them both with their quilts. We played and talked and ate and just had a great time together.


For dinner on Sunday, I met up with one of my roommates from collage, Michelle. We had a great time catching up and I was reminded that no matter how much you keep in touch via facebook or even a phone call, spending time with someone face-to-face is special.

 
Stay tuned for more! More photos will be posted to Facebook as I find the time! Thanks for reading.

No comments: