It seems that the chevron pattern is everywhere right now, and it can be done in so many styles. I saw a Youtube video demonstration of how to make the square which totally took the mystery out of those diagonal lines. So I decided to give it a try.
I'm really bad at math so my calculations and measurements were way off from what I had anticipated the quilt to look like, but with a few modifications, it turned out alright and I had just enough fabric to make it work. The finished project is 46" x 38."
The finished product.
The details. I decided to do a little of the stitch-in-the-ditch quilting as well as free-hand in the yellow areas. I really liked how it turned out.
I love the texture!
And then the back. I used a dark gray for the back and the binding around the edges. But when I went to add a strip of yellow to the back, I had it upside down. This wasn't a huge deal, except my master plan of having it line up perfectly for the decorative quilting didn't end up the way I hoped. It's pretty much upside down too. Oh well. More texture I guess. I do really like the yellow in the midst of the gray though.
My sister had this adorable book filled with projects to make for babies. So I tried a few. Below are two stuffed zoo animals - a penguin and a hippo made with left over fabric from the quilt. They are far from perfect, but still turned out to be fun and pretty cute.
An then I tried my hand at making fabric flowers and baby headbands . . .
I used buttons for the second one . . .
Welcome Baby Hunt! You are very loved!