Monday, July 29, 2013

Baby B: 30 Weeks



How far along: 30 weeks

How big is the baby: Weighing about 3 pounds and measuring 17
inches long (according to those lovely Internet statistics)

Sleep: Well, Baby B likes to move a ton at night so it's been hit or miss lately. My calves have also had some cramping going on so that has interrupted sleep every now and then as well.

Best moment of the week:
Holding my niece Charlotte and having my baby try to nudge her out of the way... I said they were playing footsie.

Worst thing: Very sore back and hips . . . so painful.

Symptoms: Growing belly, stiff hips, cramps in my legs, and feeling tired again. And my ankles have started to swell a bit.

Movement: The movements are now so big you can see my stomach move! Kind of distracting in church and at work. I don't think Baby B liked flying as "he" moved a ton and very often. The movements are starting to be a little more uncomfortable for me. There is probably a lot less room to move around now.

What I miss: Being comfortable . . . sitting for too long makes me super stiff and it's hard to get up from couches.

Food Cravings: Ice cream has been a big one this week. Also, everything with gluten  . . . which hasn't been a good thing for my inflammation.

Food Aversions: None.

Maternity Clothes: Recently scored a quite a few hand-me-downs from my sister who no longer needed most of her maternity clothes. New jeans, capris, and quite a few tops. My closet is so full!

Things People Say: Mostly I hear things about how excited people are - or how excited I am. Apparently, I was glowing yesterday!

Exercise: Well, with my two weeks of travel in July, exercise was not part of any sort of routine. I'm hoping to get back into it now that my vacations are over. I was told to be careful in my prenatal yoga class as it seems to be aggrivating my sacrum. (bummer)

Last Appointment: Well, I have one on July 31st (I couldn't wait to post this though)

Next Appointment: August 14th. They'll be every two weeks now. Getting closer!

No comments: