Sunday, September 18, 2011

Balsamic Vinaigrette Recipe


April 2011

The other night I made a balsamic vinaigrette and someone asked me for the recipe -- it was actually one that I had found online but I thought I would repost it here for those interested. It went really well with a spinach/romaine salad with walnuts and crasins (feta cheese would be wonderful too!).

Makes 1 cup:
1/4 cup balsamic vinegar
2 teaspoons brown sugar (optional)
1 tablespoon garlic 
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon pepper
3/4 cup olive oil

The oil and vinegar separate very quickly so its best if you can stir it right before pouring it on the salad. I would recommend using a spoon rather than pouring it so you don't end up with mostly oil. You don't need a lot so this one cup recipe will go a long way!

No comments: