Sunday, September 18, 2011

Project 4: Christmas Stockings

September 2011

Since December is only 3 months away, I had to get started on my next Christmas project: Stockings! I wanted them to match the quilted tree skirt I finished early this summer so I had to do some "design" work with the pattern I found. We'll see how it turns out in the end but from the photo below you can sort of see what I'm aiming for.

On Saturday, my friend Lauren and I went to a fabric store in Berkeley, I didn't really need much but it was inspiring just to go! This store carries designer fabrics, which of course are more expensive, but are really cute and trendy.  They also had really cute project ideas displayed throughout the store. Like I said I didn't need anything like that but was inspired to be creative none-the-less.

It was a busy afternoon of sewing when we got back. Lauren came over and we worked on our projects for four hours straight. It was good to get a good portion done; especially since not sewing much at all during August.



No comments: