Sunday, September 18, 2011

Salad and Dessert for Dinner

September 4, 2011

Last weekend we had our first "Game Night" -- which will hopefully be a monthly occurrence. We ordered in pizza and I used the occasion to make a strawberry salad that my aunt had given me a recipe for (years ago). I had never tried it but it didn't look all that hard.

Here's the recipe for this Strawberry & Lettuce Salad:

Salad: one head of romaine lettuce (I used a little spinach too) and 1 pint of strawberries
Dressing: 3/4 cup white sugar, 1/3 cup white wine vinegar, 1 teaspoon dry mustard, 1 teaspoon salt, 1 whole shallot diced, 6 large strawberries, ad 3/4 cup vegetable oil. (This will make about 2 cups of dressing)

Wash and dry the strawberries and lettuce, slice the strawberries and cut the lettuce into bite size pieces.
In blender, add all the dressing ingredients except for the oil and blend until smooth. Add oil in slowly, blend until mixed. Add the amount you like to the salad.

Add chopped pecans if desired.
Enjoy!
________________

At the last minute, I decided to make a chocolate pie. I had a pie shell in the fridge and needed to use it up. I found an amazing recipe on the Tasty Kitchen website by Ree (The Pioneer Woman). It was so delicious!

No comments: