Sunday, September 18, 2011

Project 1: Tree Skirt

March 19, 2011

I was sitting at my sewing machine starting to sew my last pieces of fabric together for my tree skirt when I remembered that I had promised to take photographs next time I worked on it. So, as promised, here are some photos!

I was so excited to get to the point where I could lay out the pieces and actually see what it would look like! Up until now, this has all been in my head and to be honest, I just couldn't completely picture it. I'm finished making each of the small triangles; the next step is making the big triangles, which I know won't be as easy as it looks. I would love to say that I am a master at matching my seams, but sadly, that is just not the truth.

I know you probably don't see a tree skirt in any of these photographs, but I promise you, when I'm finished you will! (Here's a hint: There are six large triangles that will be sewn together in a hexagon) More to come . . .

No comments: