Sunday, September 18, 2011

Best Pancakes Ever

March 2011

Weekends are our time to go "all out" for breakfast. Our usual weekend-breakfast is pancakes and an egg scramble with onions, spinach, and cheese but sometimes we do breakfast burritos, biscuits and gravy, bacon, french toast, eggs benedict and well, you get the idea. We love breakfast! I must admit that over the course of six-months I have tried many different recipes for pancakes. I try to make them healthier, fluffier, or just better. I've used whole-wheat flour, oatmeal, blueberries, cornmeal, the list just goes on and on.

Crocker buttermilk pancake recipe handed down from my mom when I moved away from home. It was perfect!


These were by far the fluffiest pancakes I've ever made. And with my husband's request to add chocolate-chips, they were even better!

Betty Crocker Buttermilk Pancakes - makes 10 4" pancakes
1 egg (lightly beaten)
1 cup buttermilk 
2 Tbsp. vegetable oil
1 cup flour
1 Tbsp. sugar
1 tsp. baking powder
1/2 tsp. baking soda
1/2 tsp. salt
1/4 cup chocolate chips (my own addition)

Beat the egg, add remaining ingredients (except chocolate chips) in order and beat until smooth. Now mix in the chocolate chips.  Grease griddle. Pour batter on to hot griddle. Turn pancakes when puffed and full of bubbles (but before the bubbles break).  Enjoy!







No comments: