Sunday, September 18, 2011

Peanut Butter Ice Cream

My birthday present from my husband this year was an ice cream maker attachment for my Kitchen Aid mixer! I had been saying, "I want . . . " for a long time now, I had been saving up for it with the plan to get one later this month. But my husband surprised me and got it for me!

For my first attempt I found a fairly easy recipe for peanut butter ice cream! Yum, right! Peanut butter is one of Chris's favorites and this recipe didn't call for any eggs which made it a little cheaper!

This is basically soft-serve, I was too impatient to freeze it! It was rich and creamy and the texture was just about perfect. Not bad for my first try. I haven't tried it after freezing it yet -- but I'm hopeful!

Chris decorated his a bit more -- whipped topping, chocolate syrup and chocolate chips -- yeah, he knows what he is doing!

No comments: