Sunday, November 6, 2011

Stocking #2 - Complete

I was getting a little nervous about completing my Christmas projects in time. I can't believe it is already November! I had finished Chris's Christmas stocking a few weeks ago and just could not find the time to get mine started.

But yesterday, that was the only thing on my to do list! And guess what?!? I finished it! The second time doing anything is always a little better and faster - but I was amazed that I was able to finish it so quickly.





I am really excited to decorate our apartment this year for Christmas! And now that my stockings are finished I am feeling that Christmas-bug . . . you know the one that makes you think it is okay to start decorating the day after Halloween! (Chris as asked me to abstain from such things until after Thanksgiving.)

Last Christmas we decided not to decorate because 1) we had someone living with us and didn't have room to decorate 2) we were traveling for Christmas and didn't think it was necessary if we weren't even going to be here and 3) couldn't really afford to buy decorations. 

The year before last, we were house/dog sitting for a couple in the East Bay -- remember them? Yeah, they let us live with them for 6 months. They got out all their decorations for us so we could celebrate our first Christmas as a married couple together. It was definitely a special and unforgettable Christmas.

So this year, our third Christmas together, we will get to decorate our own place. And I am so looking forward to it!






1 comment:

Anonymous said...

They look so nice. I'm glad to see them side by side since I've given you small breaks from them while chatting on the phone with you:)-Michelle