Monday, November 28, 2011

thankful for the Christmas spirit

November is quickly coming to end, but I am very grateful to have been a part of the "30 Thankful Days" blogging journey. There is still time to read other bloggers "Thankful day" posts if haven't done so already. Just head over to Dawn's blog.

 
Click the image to see other thankful day blogs
Today I am thankful for the Christmas "spirit" that seems to over take everyone as soon as Thanksgiving is over. I haven't gotten to decorate my apartment yet but I am thinking about it . . . a lot! I am so excited to have a tree this year and really make the apartment look and feel festive.

I know I complain about the stores decorating for Christmas so soon (practically before Halloween), but I'm glad they do -- it makes getting into the Christmas-Cheery-Holiday-Hot Chocolate-Fuzzy feeling so much easier to get into!

And yes, I know that those warm fuzzies are not the reason for this wonderful season -- but does that mean I can't enjoy them? I don't think so. This season reminds me of how close Jesus is to me -- and that brings a whole new level of warm fuzzies to my heart.

I'm so thankful for this season and the cheerful spirit that will abound for the next month.

No comments: