Thursday, November 17, 2011

thankful for sisters

Since I was thankful for my brother yesterday, I thought today I would be thankful for my sisters.  Please understand that I am thankful for them and blessed by them everyday . . . not just today!

I am blessed to have two sisters; for the sake of this blog and their privacy (and just for fun) I will call them "Freckle" and "Flower bud."



I love them so much! I can't even begin to tell you how much they mean to me. Since I am the oldest, I got to see them grow up from babies. I loved playing with my "baby" sisters. When they cried I wanted to be the one to take care of them and make them happy again. I will be the first to tell you that I probably mothered them too much-- for which I now have the nickname "Mom #2."

I have so many wonderful memories of our childhood together. And no, I haven't gotten about all the times we fought, yelled, and cried because we couldn't get along. But I like to think back on our days of playing Barbies and "house" and watching the Disney princess movies together. I loved watching them play together too--they were much closer in age so they were probably closer to each other than to me.

But as we got older and we've all gone through life transitions - college, moving away from home, engagements we've gotten so much closer. And now, these two beautiful women are my friends -- closest friends. 

Last time we were all together was at Flower Bud's wedding -- there are a few photos that Chris took that capture our sisterhood perfectly . . . 




We used to make up songs and dances together -- my favorite was called "Freckle Face Girls." This photo reminded me of or silliness! 


I'm so thankful for my sisters!

What are you thankful for today? Join Dawn's Good Life blog and others in sharing what your thankful for every day of November!

No comments: