Sunday, November 13, 2011

thankful for coupons

Check out Dawn's Goodlife blog and join in the fun of sharing what you're thankful for! 


Today I am thankful for coupons.

Yes, you heard me right, I am thankful for coupons. Why? you ask . . . well, did you read my thankful day post from yesterday? I mentioned there that my husband and I went on a date night - using coupons. We got to try a nicer restaurant and enjoy a movie for about half the normal cost. We use sites like groupon, living social, scoutmob, and bloomspot.  I am sure there are even more out there, but those are the ones we use most frequently.

But it doesn't stop there, I was recently turned on to "extreme couponing" by a good friend of mine and although I have yet to walk out of the store with freebies, I do save a bit of money every week. Yesterday for example, although Walgreens totally frustrated me by not carrying the items I had coupons for, Safeway did give me a good deal on chicken stock. It was buy one get one free, and I had a store coupon for 50 cents off of two as well as a manufacturer's coupons for $1.00 off two -- making it $2 for 2 containers instead of $4 or something absurd.



Anyway, I'm thankful for my new little hobby, I'm thankful that I can save a little money and still afford to have some fun!

No comments: