Friday, November 11, 2011

thankful for our Veterans

Today I am thankful for all the men and women who have protected and fought for our country. They have given their time and energy; given up being with their loved ones and in many cases their very lives.
I am amazed at their courage and bravery. I am in awe of the things they have had to learn and experience. I am grateful that they volunteered. And for those that were drafted I am thankful that they obeyed.

My prayers today are with the families who have a spouse or loved one currently overseas on our behalf, for those who's lives were changed by what they experienced while fighting for us, and for those who have experienced great loss.

 These men and women are our heroes, they have given much so we could be free and safe. Thank you!



1 comment:

Beth said...

Me too! We had an assembly today at school with a couple of great veterans, and were able to hear their stories and be thankful. We had the students stand if they have family members who are or have been in the military, or if they themselves want to be in the military, and more than half of our student body stood. I'm thankful for veterans, too!