Thursday, November 24, 2011

thankful for turkey

Happy Thanksgiving everyone! I hope you all had a wonderful meal and great fellowship on this day meant to remind us to be thankful. My post tomorrow might be a little more specific with photos but tonight I just wanted to say that I am thankful for turkey.

As of last Friday our plan was to spend Thanksgiving with my husband's "California family" as we have in years past. One of my favorite things about Thanksgiving dinner is the left overs and as an adult it seems I miss out since I rarely do the cooking (thanks Mom for always making too much food!) This year I decided to buy a turkey even though we weren't hosting Thanksgiving, that way we'd have plenty of left overs and I could make several meals out of one bird. I had Chris make it on Monday--I just couldn't wait!

On Saturday last week we found out that our California family's plans changed and they could no longer host Thanksgiving. So we were in limbo. We had this fantastic idea to visit some friends in San Diego but that ended up not panning out either. So we decided we'd spend it in the city. On Tuesday night we made the decision to have a few friends over and we divided the menu between us. And yes you guessed it, we made another turkey!

The second one turned out just as good as the first and now I have even more turkey left overs! I'll share more tomorrow, but for now, know that I'm so thankful for turkey! Happy Thanksgiving!

No comments: