Wednesday, November 30, 2011

thankful for hope and answered prayers

Yesterday was a busy day and a late night with work, a doctor appointment, and small group --I'm sorry I didn't get a new post up for you. I"ll share two thankful things with you today!


I have to confess that over the past month or so (okay, maybe the past two months) I have been feeling discouraged and frustrated and hopeless with the pain in my feet. I finally decided to get a second opinion after my visits with my previous doctor left me in tears every time.

Let me tell you what a true gift hope is! I met with my new doctor yesterday and he was so incredibly encouraging; he listened to my history, he told me his past success stories and failures, and by the end of the visit (over an hour long btw) I was smiling. I was filled with hope. I didn't have any more answers than I had before, but instead of feeling like I was left with nothing else to even try, I was given a list of possibilities. Yes, it means more doctors visits, more tests, and more co-pays, but today, it means hope! I'm so thankful for this renewed hope.

Hope is the motivation to keep on going--even when things are hard and unpleasant. Hope pushes you to reach for what you want--even when it looks impossible--because there is still a chance that you could have it!

The second thing I am thankful for about today is answered prayers. I can't go into the specifics of the prayers that have been answered, but today two of them were! I have been practicing being perseverant in prayer and God has been so faithful to hear my prayers and answer them! I'd been praying for the first one since early this summer and it was slowly being answered and today it was answered entirely. The second one has been more recent and I heard the news I had been praying for this morning.

It's encouraging to see and remember answered prayers -- definitely gives me hope for what is still on my prayer list!

What are you thankful for today? Just because it's the last day of November doesn't mean the thankfulness has to end!

No comments: