Wednesday, November 9, 2011

thankful for adventure

Head on over to the Good Life blog to read about what others are thankful for today.  It's a great reminder to pause and be thankful.


Today, I did not wake up feeling very thankful. I had a really bad appointment with my podiatrist yesterday and it left me feeling pretty hopeless that my feet would be pain-free. And with it getting dark so much earlier now, I've been feeling tired and ready for bed as soon as I get home from work. Ugh. 

Anyway, now that you know what I am NOT thankful for today, I'll tell you what I AM thankful for:

I'm thankful for adventure. Two years ago (exactly -- November 9, 2009) we drove into the state of California with our car and truck filled to the brim with our possessions. I remember being so thankful that it didn't rain or snow during our two day drive as we had tied our mattress to the top of Chris's truck (yes, we covered it with a tarp).

Adventure to me is really anything that is unknown. It's a time to really trust the Lord and a time for fun as you experience new things. Sometimes the unknown can be uncomfortable . . . okay it usually is. That part I'm not so crazy about. I tend to be an anxious person. BUT I'd much rather live in the unknown and experience life than sit on the sidelines and watch it fly by.

So, there you have it. I'm thankful for adventures and the excitement they bring to my life.




No comments: