Tuesday, November 22, 2011

thankful for my husband


For some reason I feel like telling you how thankful I am for my husband is a cop-out. You already know how much I love him and how much he means to me. But after this weekend, I was reminded once again, just how wonderful he really is and how blessed I am to be his wife.

During this really difficult time for him (being unemployed) he has decided to take time everyday to make my life easier. He serves me by making my lunches every day, helping prep dinner, cleaning, and even washing all the windows! He doesn't have to do any of those things and I don't expect it. It wasn't that long ago that he worked many more hours than I did and he was able to come home to dinner on the table.

I struggle with this "role reversal" as I enjoy doing those things for my husband. It's hard for me to let him do these things for me because in my mind, it's "my job." But I am also learning to enjoy this period of rest. I'm also learning to be more flexible in how I spend/prioritize my time.

But even beyond that, I am amazed at the quality of my husband's character. I get crabby on occasion, I get moody, I get angry, frustrated, passive, etc. He remains calm, even, steady. He has a peace and a restful spirit about him that seems unmovable. This amazes me. When I say or do something (unintentionally) hurtful, he could get angry, he could be mean, he could do a number of things that would be justifiable, but he doesn't. He just loves me in response.

I see so much of Christ in my husband. Everyday.

I am so thankful for him -- for who he is and what he's teaching me in this marriage!

No comments: